Has your neck pain become a “pain in the neck”? There are many different things that can cause neck pain, including poor sleeping positions, jerking the neck while moving too quickly, poor posture, arthritis and other things. Any injury or inflammation can cause neck pain. Many people ask how to avoid neck pain and here are some quick tips:
6 Tips to avoid a pain in the neck
1. Exercise your neck daily to strengthen it by slowly stretching your neck in side-to-side and up-down motions.
2. Avoid slouching and practice good posture.
3. Avoid cradling the phone between your neck and shoulder.
4. Position your computer screen at eye level and use a document holder that places your work at screen level.
5. Use a special neck pillow for sleeping or use a pillow that keeps your neck straight.
6. Carry weight evenly instead of on just one side of your body.
If you are experiencing neck pain, give Pain Specialists of Charleston a call. Our board certified pain physicians are experts in getting you back to a pain-free life! To make an appointment call 843-818-1181!